‘A wellbeing class for anyone who wants to take better responsibility for their health at work’
The MindFitBodyFit course is a unique 6 week programme which has been research and devised to gain an understanding on how to improve employee’s wellbeing on a physical, mental and deeper emotional level.
This programme enables changes in wellbeing to be made over a concentrated teaching period, where participants learn how to deal with mind and body stress effectively.
1) To improve body awareness and better manage posture at the desk.
2) To learn how to stay focused and relaxed when the world around you is anything but.
3) To understand why breathing techniques are as important as the exercise itself and how they can be used to improve wellbeing at work.
4) Emotional management is knowing when you’re emotions need management. Learn how to build resilience and neutralise some of the effects of difficult emotions faced at work such as anger and frustration.
Physically: Binds together key movements from Tai Chi, Yoga and Pilates which the participants learn with precision and can use outside and away from the class environment to improve their posture and mental clarity.
Mentally: Mindfulness training from the outset of each class explains different aspects of mindfulness and how this can come into everyday thinking i.e. a practical approach.
Emotionally: The knock on effects from the physical movements, breathing and associated mindfulness teaching bring this about. It is something we experience as we go through the class. Further techniques are amalgamated with Relaxation training.
About Karen James
Karen our MindFit BodyFit Total professional has worked as a high end corporate staff and management trainer over 20 years. This experience has allowed Karen to understand the complexities of working within a modern company, and to experience and observe the associated wellbeing issues this can bring about for the employee. Simultaneously Karen has built a successful side career in teaching wellbeing classes to the elite. Karen has coached at The Meadhurst Club since 2015 proving very popular with our dedicated members. Approach is to guide and gently reinforce key learning points ensuring the participant leaves not just having participated but gained understanding about why they are doing what they are doing.
Course pricing structure
- 6 week personalised tuition course 45 minutes – £90 (Course will run Tuesdays at 12.45pm commencing 5th June)
- 6 week drop in relaxation session 30 minutes – £6 (Course will run Mondays at 18.00pm commencing 6th June)
N.B Please note this is a paid six week course and is not included in membership prices.
To register your interest, take part or to ask any further questions regarding the course please contact Karen James directly on;
We Are Listening
Just 2 minutes of your time to tell us how you think we're doing and we enter you for our monthly prize draw!
Receive our newsletter, latest offers, time tables and opening times.